HSE Assurance and compliance lead
Title: HSE Assurance and Compliance Lead
The Assurance and Compliance Lead is responsible for mentoring and training personnel in the HSE Audit, Inspection and related policy and procedures. This will include assessing personnel periodically to ensure they remain competent for their role. The position reports to HSE Manager.
• Supports HSE Manager in the health, safety, environment and risk discipline capability development in Facility;
• Leads the service delivery of health, safety, security, environment regulatory and risk for site project delivery;
• Provides feedback to project leadership on their health, safety and environmental performance, drawing on Traction data and trends;
• The day-to-day provision of HSSE Assurance management;
• The development of schedules and plans to enable an effective assurance process to be implemented covering compliance and verification related to:
o Local Legislation and regulations;
o Operating Management System (OMS);
o Standard Operating Procedure (SOP);
o SP procedures, policies and rules.
• Assist in implementing key compliance and assurance deliverables from the Project HSE Programme Plan;
• Establishes effective metrics and reports on HSE performance in relationship to Audit and Assurance and provides feedback on plans, actions and trending arising from the Assurance activities;
• Advising on the definition of specific HSE Assurance goals, objectives and targets and the setting of those for the PMT;
• Participating in risk management including the identification and management of all threats and opportunities;
• Updating Audit and Inspection plans and other documentation as required;
• Reviewing project HSE related documentation and providing advice as required;
• Participating in HAZOP, HAZID and ENVID process as required;
• Assisting in the development of a competency and training matrix;
• Auditing contractor organizations as required;
• Culture - Coaches line on safety culture leadership;
• Strictly follow instructions from his / her line Supervisor;
• Working with Contractors – implements programs to systematically verify that equipment and services provided to project by suppliers and contractors meet contractual and company requirements.
• Qualified in Health and Safety Management (NEBOSH or similar);
• Incident Investigation and Root cause analysis specialist training;
• Lead Auditing qualification and experience;
• PC Skills in Word, Excel, Power-point;
• Capable of undertaking statistical data analysis;
• Physically fit to access construction work locations.
• Proven Team Leader;
• Ability to perform effectively in a team environment, inclusive of demonstrating collaborative, cooperative, flexible, adaptable, respectful, and tactful personal characteristics;
• Excellent work and personal ethics that include trustworthiness, commitment, and empathy;
• Confident, creative, and energetic approach to addressing all quality-related issues;
• Ability to advise OPS Team to stop work if significant issues arise in meeting or there is a likelihood that HSE is compromised.
Education and experience
• At least 5 years of experience in HSE Auditing and Assurance with Projects Management experience;
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements and how to incorporate into an overall safety management system;
• Proven experience in Petrochemical industry;
• Experience in Crisis & Emergency Management;
• Direct experience in Incident Investigation;
• Proven track record of strong safety leadership (culture and systems);
• Proven team leader of medium distributed organizations;
• Competent in effectively communicating in Azerbaijani and English both verbal and written.
Interested candidates should submit CV's in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applying for in the Subject line.
The above vacancy is addressed to nationals of Azerbaijan or with permanent residency in Azerbaijan. All eligible applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.